No. 20/August 7, 1998
Field Day Scheduled for U of I Research Center at Monmouth
The date for the annual field day at the University of Illinois's Northwestern Illinois Agricultural Research and Demonstration Center has been set for August 25. The center is located near Monmouth at 321 210th Avenue. This location is one mile north and four miles west of the intersection of Highway 67 and Highway 34.
The event will include tours of the research plots, beginning at 8:00 a.m. Tours will start every 30 minutes, with the last departure set for 10:30 a.m. Each tour will take about 1-1/2 hours to complete. The topics for tour stops will include:
- Using Bt-corn to control European corn borers--Kevin Steffey
- Greensnap in corn--Emerson Nafziger
- Detection and management of soybean cyst nematode--Walker Kirby
- Weed competition in Roundup Ready corn and soybeans--Chad Kalaher
- Corn rootworm movement and egg-laying in soybeans--Eli Levine and Joel Spencer
Refreshments will be served at the site. Certified Crop Advisor credits have been applied for. Additional information on the field day is available from Eric Adee at (309)734-7459.
Rob Wynstra, ITCS, (217)333-9446