Registration is open for the 2016 Crop Management Conferences. These regional conferences provide a forum for discussion and interaction between participants and university researchers and are designed to address a wide array of topics pertinent to crop production in Illinois: crop management, pest management, nutrient management, soil and water management.
Certified Crop Advisers can earn up to 8 hours of continuing education credit. Advance registration, no later than one week before each conference, is $100 per person. Late and on-site registration is $120. Dates and locations along with links to location-specific agendas and online registration are listed below.
Conference topics include:
- El Niño, Wet Springs & Timely Side-Dressing N – Dr. Jim Angel, State Climatologist, Illinois State Water Survey
- Taking ‘Em By Surprise: Building a Resilient Herbicide Program – Dr. Aaron Hager, Extension Weed Scientist, Department of Crop Sciences
- Can We Better Manage Corn N? – Dr. Emerson Nafziger, Extension Cropping Systems Specialist, Department of Crop Sciences
- Field N Loss: Lessons from the Lake Springfield Watershed – Lowell Gentry, Senior Research Specialist, Department of Natural Resources & Environmental Sciences
- Old Nemeses & New Foes: A Day in the Life of the Plant Clinic – Dr. Suzanne Bissonnette, Plant Clinic Director & interim Extension Agriculture & Natural Resources Program Leader, Department of Crop Sciences
- Choose Your Own Adventure: 10 Ways to Reduce Nitrate Loss in Tile Drainage – Dr. Laura Christianson, Assistant Professor of Water Quality, Department of Crop Sciences
- Green Stem Disorder: Answers or Just More Questions? – Michelle Pawlowski, Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Crop Sciences
- What Can Insect Surveys from 2015 Tell Us Going into 2016? – Dr. Nick Tinsley, Post Doctoral Researcher & Instructor, Department of Crop Sciences
January 20: Mt. Vernon – Krieger/Holiday Inn Convention Center. Click here to view the Mt. Vernon agenda. Click here to register for the Mt. Vernon location. For more information, contact Angie Peltier: (309) 734-1098, email@example.com.
January 27: Springfield – Northfield Inn Conference Center. Click here to view the Springfield agenda. Click here to register for the Springfield location. For more information, contact Angie Peltier: (309) 734-1098, firstname.lastname@example.org.
February 3: Champaign – i-Hotel and Conference Center. Click here to view the Champaign agenda. Click here to register for the Champaign location. For more information, contact Dennis Bowman: (217) 244-0851, email@example.com.
February 10: Malta – Kishwaukee College Conference Center. Click here to view the Malta agenda. Click here to register for the Malta location. For more information, contact Russ Higgins: (815) 274-1343, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail-in registrations must arrive one week before each conference in order to take advantage of the advance registration discount. To download the mail-in registration form, click here.