The University of Illinois Extension will host its annual Ewing Demonstration Center Fall Field Day on Thursday, September 10, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. The Ewing Demonstration Center is located in southern Illinois about 20 miles south of Mt. Vernon at 16132 N. Ewing Rd; Ewing, IL 62836. It is on the north edge of the village of Ewing, north of the Ewing Grade School on north Ewing Road. Watch for signs.
The ongoing research this year includes trials on soybean cover crops, nitrogen management in corn, corn maturity, corn seeding rates, soybean seed treatments, and a pumpkin variety trial.
The topics to be discussed at Field Day include:
Soybean Weed Management
- Ron Krausz, Manager, SIU Belleville Research Center
2015 Cropping Season Challenges
- Emerson Nafziger, Extension Crop Specialist, University of Illinois
Planning Ahead for the 2016 Wheat Crop
- Robert Bellm, Extension Educator, University of Illinois
Results of 2015 Corn and Soybean Insect Surveys: Implications for 2016
- Mike Gray, Extension Entomologist, University of Illinois
Making the Most of Prevent Plant Acres with Cover Crops
- Nathan Johanning, Extension Educator, University of Illinois
The field day is free and open to anyone interested and lunch will be provided. Certified Crop Advisor CEUs will also be offered (CM – 1.0, PM – 1.0, SW – 0.5). For additional information, contact Nathan Johanning (618-687-1727; email@example.com) or Marc Lamczyk (618-439-3178; firstname.lastname@example.org).