The program will begin promptly at 8 am at the Center which is located 1 mile North and 4 miles West of Monmouth at 321 210th Avenue (click here for directions).
Participants will board buses to tour portions of the farm, stopping along the way to visit with University of Illinois personnel who will present results of the most current crop, pest, disease, nitrogen and weed management research.
Certified Crop Advisors may earn up to 2.5 continuing education units.
Topics and speakers will include:
- Are We Getting Better at Managing Nitrogen? – Emerson Nafziger- Extension Specialist, Crop Production, University of Illinois
- Management Considerations for Continuous Corn – Brian Mansfield- Research Agronomist, University of Illinois
- Statewide Insect Surveys: Evidence for Suppression of Key Pests? -Nick Tinsley- Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Illinois
- How Compatible are Cover Crops with the Soil Applied Residual Herbicides Used in Corn and Soybean? – Robert Bellm- Extension Educator, Commercial Agriculture, University of Illinois
- Soybean Sudden Death Syndrome: ID and Management -Angie Peltier- Extension Educator, University of Illinois
For additional information contact Angie Peltier (309) 734-5161, email@example.com.
Click here to download a flier for this event.