Registration is now open for the 2015 regional Crop Management Conferences. These 2-day conferences in January and February provide a forum for discussion and interaction among participants and university researchers and are designed to address a wide array of topics pertinent to crop production in Illinois.
Certified Crop Advisers can earn up to 13 hours of continuing education credit. Advance registration, no later than one week before each conference, is $130 per person. Late and on-site registration is $150. Dates and locations along with links to location-specific agendas and online registration are listed below.
Conference topics vary by location but may include:
- Management of Sudden Death Syndrome in Soybean
- Cover Crops in Illinois Row Crop Production: Answers or More Questions?
- Corn and Soybean Agronomy: Will What Worked in 2014 Work in 2015?
- Managing Inputs and Field Crops Insects in 2015
- Biology and Management of Wheat Insects
- Soil Health
- Impact of Ohio, Mississippi, and Illinois River Flooding on Private and Public Illinois Lands
- Is Varietal Maturity a Big Factor in Soybean Yield Determination?
- The Illinois Nutrient Loss Reduction Strategy: What’s in it for Agriculture?
- Update on Plant-Parasitic Nematodes in the Midwest
- A Behind-the-Scenes Look at Confirming Herbicide Resistance
- Agronomy Data: Filter the Kool-Aid Before You Drink It
- Climate Variability in Illinois and How to Plan for It
- Plant Clinic Chronicle: Rotten Stems and Other Maladies
- 40 Years of Tillage x Fertility Research: What Have We Learned?
- New (and Old) Tools for Delaying and Coping with Herbicide Resistance
January 21-22: Mt. Vernon – Krieger/Holiday Inn Convention Center. Click here to view the topics to be featured in Mt. Vernon. Click here to register for the Mt. Vernon location. For more information, contact Robert Bellm: (618) 427-3349, email@example.com.
January 28-29: Springfield – Northfield Inn Conference Center. Click here to view the topics to be featured in Springfield. Click here to register for the Springfield location. For more information, contact Robert Bellm: (618) 427-3349, firstname.lastname@example.org.
February 4-5: Champaign – i-Hotel and Conference Center. Click here to view the topics to be featured in Champaign. Click here to register for the Champaign location. For more information, contact Dennis Bowman: (217) 244-0851, email@example.com.
February 11-12: Malta – Kishwaukee College Conference Center. Click here to view the topics to be featured in Malta. Click here to register for the Malta location. For more information, contact Russ Higgins: (815) 274-1343), firstname.lastname@example.org