2014 Ewing Demonstration Center Fall Field Day
The University of Illinois Extension will host its annual Ewing Demonstration Center Fall Field Day on Thursday, September 11, 2014 at 9 a.m. The Ewing Demonstration Center at is located at 16132 N. Ewing Rd; Ewing IL 62836, on the north edge of the village of Ewing, north of the Ewing Grade School on north Ewing Road. Watch for signs.
The ongoing research plots this year consist of a soybean cover crops trial, LibertyLink soybean variety trial, insecticide/fungicide trial on soybeans, corn population study, drought tolerant corn hybrid evaluation, and new this year a pumpkin variety trial.
The topics to be discussed at Field Day include:
Fusarium Head Blight (Scab) and Vomitoxin Management in Wheat
- Carl Bradley, Extension Specialist, Plant Pathology, University of Illinois Extension
Sky High Crop Scouting; Unmanned Aerial Drones
- Dennis Bowman, Extension Educator, University of Illinois Extension
Alternative Forages and Harvesting Methods
- Teresa Steckler, Extension Educator, Commercial Ag, University of Illinois Extension
Palmer Amaranth: Coming (Soon) to a Field Near You
- Robert Bellm, Extension Educator, Commercial Ag, University of Illinois Extension
Cover Crops and Weed Management
- Nathan Johanning, Extension Educator, Small Farms Local Foods, University of Illinois Extension
Refreshments will be provided by Franklin County Farm Bureau.
The field day is free and open to anyone interested. A light lunch will be provided and registration is recommended by September 8, 2014 for an accurate meal count.
For additional information or to register, contact Marc Lamczyk at University of Illinois Extension Office in Franklin County at 618-439-3178 or email@example.com.