The 2013 Orr Center Field Day presented by the Department of Crop Sciences at the University of Illinois will be held on Tuesday, July 16 at the Orr Center, which is located on Route 104 four miles west of the junction of Illinois Routes 104 and 107.
Tours will start at 9:00 AM, with the second and third groups leaving the headquarters at about 9:20 and 9:40. The tour will take about two hours, and will be followed by lunch provided by UI Extension.
The following UI experts will speak about current conditions and management challenges in crop production and protection.
• Emerson Nafziger Can crop rotation and tillage help stabilize yields?
• Carl Bradley Goss’s wilt of corn
• Robert Bellm Cover Crops: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
• Doug Maxwell 2013 Weed Control Challenges
• Mike Gray Western corn rootworm resistance to Bt: a growing threat?
For more information call Mike Vose at 217 236-4911 or by email at email@example.com